Sunday, April 18, 2010

Same Blood

That human condition,
well, for you
it just won't do
And each day,
as a magician,
you transcend
That's right
They made sure with you
Groomed for greatness
straight from the womb
I slipped underneath
Always fossorial
Never made them notice
Because potential is nothing,
but that
Well, hell, that's no pearl,
everyone's got it
I always knew that
And for me, you see,
it's there
The human element
Embittered mediocrity
Utterly impotent
That's why I always looked up,
even through the clouds
Past all the tricks
I saw, and,
you inspired me
Still do
And someday,
I'll reject it all
I promise
I'll find the animus
to inspire you too

5 comments:

  1. p.s. this reminds me of McCarthy. Maybe it is the unornamented honesty? Also I just imagine it to be read by a cowboy. short mumbling thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! It seems we are so much the same that we almost know what the other is going for.
    When I wrote it, that's how I imagined myself saying it. I'm glad you noticed that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pps god damn this cuts!!!






    nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Rach. I hope it doesn't cut too deep. Hah.

    ReplyDelete