Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Inclinations

These days I'm inclined to break away from civilization and sharpen sticks into spears; to leave behind my clothes and tan my hide in un-filtered sunlight; to quench my thirst in the streams bisecting fern-covered hillsides.
I'd like to nap in the dappled sunlight on a mossy oak limb, and forget about the preoccupations. I need to survey Earth's beauty from the mouth of a chasm or the crumbling edge of a cliffside; to feel the dirt in the ridges of my fingers and face; to hear the birds, and watch the lizards scurry from rock to rock, and see the trees dance to the tune of the wind.
I envision brushing the hair back from her face so that I may kiss her freckled cheeks and nose. We can lay in the mustard peppered fields among the mighty oaks and talk about the beautiful things, or not talk at all. Just sleep, humbled - her cheek upon my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment