Friday, April 23, 2010

Crying

Is it true you never cry?
That's what she asked
out of the blue
and I laughed
No, I cry sometimes
I don't do it often,
but I've cried
Not for the same reasons
as you've weeped, though
I thought more of it later
I cried when
someone made a mistake
and killed my Queen
Fifteen years
she was with me
My only friend at times
We went through so much
He tortured her,
like he tortured me,
but we both persisted
She wouldn't leave me scared
I cried when she escaped
only for her to slither out
and right over to me
She had such a delicate face
And I was looking forward
to fifteen more,
but she let me know it was time
when she went
I had to fend for myself
And before that,
when I found Aztec
motionless and cold
No light left in those eyes
I picked up the phone
so frantic and crying
Mom came home right away,
even Dad showed up for a while,
and Aaron too comforted me
But they didn't understand
I wouldn't expect them to
Come to think of it
I don't even know
Perhaps, it's just that
they made me feel loved
because I loved them
and I made them comfortable
and they knew me best
I guess that's the thing

1 comment: