Saturday, May 14, 2011

He's Forgotten/Doesn't Know/Doesn't Care

When he speaks of her
there is no mercy or pity
It's scorn, but I see there
a slight wincing in his eyes
as if inhalation reminds him
of old wounds she gave
His remarks flow quickly
without consideration
He leaves no indication
that he knows they'd offend
But he's forgotten
that her broken body
has laid waste to her mind
Cleansing her of humanity,
of reasoning, or logic
And instead, he tells himself
the fault is hers alone,
because that gift he gave me,
that stoic righteousness,
that self-damaging pride,
tells him to deny his failures
But he doesn't know
about her limitations,
her stunting conditions,
because she still cares
and wouldn't mention them
For fear they'd annoy him
and she wants none of it
She wishes him and his well,
hoping he'll take care
of himself and get healthy
Loving his children
as much as her own
But he doesn't care
and he'll be sorry
when He claims her

6 comments:

  1. as serious and sad as this is, i've been listening to a lot of metal and this is HEAVY!! you should start screaming more, roy. amazing use of the word he, so much weight at the end. we really need to catch up soon, mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I haven't listened to metal in so long. I was considering putting on some Neurosis at work the other day, but decided not. And yeah, I should. Feels good.
    And thanks again for the feedback, man. I definitely want to hang out soon. We should get together for a hike. Maybe I'll come out there and we can go roam around Sibley or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm working full time again, so sundays mondays are my best days, i'd be down to drive up and come explore the valleys with you too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are my days off, so that works great! This coming weekend I'll be in Santa Cruz, and the next I'll be in San Francisco. Maybe we could meet up in SF, or I could make the trip over (or you, here) the one after. Confusing. We'll talk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whatever, gotta do something before you flee the country

    ReplyDelete